Harper Rose, you are 4 years old! I just can't even believe it! Let's pause for a minute while I catch my breath...
Okay, we're back.
At 4 years old, you
- Weigh 31 pounds
- Stand 38" tall
- Wear 4T clothes
- Dress yourself
|acting like the gorilla|
- Write your own name, "mom," and "dad"
- Love to dance and sing, probably more than everything
- Have beautiful, curly hair that is impossible to manage
|my love-hate relationship with your hair|
- love the songs "Baby" and "Boyfriend" by Justin Bieber, the bands The Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, and Katy Perry
- Say funny things every day. You recently got in trouble and said, "Mommy, don't send me back to Jesus"-oh my!
|your big-girl bed|
- Go to preschool 3 days a week and love playing with Dana and Nathaniel in your class
- pretend to write and read letters
- love dress up clothes and anything princess
|you love your nightgowns and ask to wear them every day|
- are the BEST big sister to Kate I could ever ask for. It is definitely your greatest strength.
|you and Kate are inseparable and you are so sweet to her|
- are STRONG-you love gymnastics and soccer
- SWIM! You're taking swim lessons and you swam on your own for the first time on Feb. 10th, 2013
- are very active! I don't know where you get the energy, little girl.
- eat great-you eat all of your vegetables! You love cheese, popcorn, grapes, strawberries, ice cream, and anything sweet.
|you love to help me and show me your work|
- love to play games, do art "projects," and play imaginative play with all of your toys. You could play for hours by yourself and I try to be "imaginative" with you and you just look at me and laugh.
|you are fascinated with relationships right now and how your characters interact|
- hide from daddy whenever he gets home from work-it is a little game the two of you play and it is adorable.
- are smart, helpful, kind, silly, active, expressive, and independent.
We love you so much, Harper! You are the sweetest little girl and are so sensitive to others. You are curious, friendly, scared of cows and carousels, hate grilled cheese, and love your baby blanket that you call "pinky." You are a little bright light, Harper. Happy birthday, sweet pea!