Harper is in a summer ballet session. I was worried because let's face it, last spring was sort of a disaster. Harper preferred to breakdance (poor, sweet Ms Kelly was so patient)! Remember this?
Harper prefers to rock out to Pharrell...
but this year, she is finally doing so much better.
And by the way, there is nothing sweeter than a room full of 4 year olds, all dressed in pink at the bar, doing their ballet.
Saturday, July 13, 2013
at 9:40 PM
We had such a fun 4th of July this year! It is fun every year, but the girls are getting older and are able to enjoy more of it.
The night before, we went out on the Severn for some dinner and July 3rd fireworks. The girls had a blast staying up WAY past their bedtime and watching fireworks for the very first time.
The next day, Maureen and the kids came over to watch the parade with us. We loaded everyone up and headed down the B&A trail towards the town square. Audrey and Kate rode in the wagon and Harper and Luke rode scooters.
The parade was HOT but fun! The girls had so much fun sitting on the curb, waving their flags, and eating ice cream. Harper even had a sweet moment with Luke.
After the parade we had lunch at home, baths, and nap time. That evening we went to Naomi's 2nd birthday party at her grandparents' pool. We all swam for 4 hours, had a great cookout, and ate lots of cake.
We made it home around 9, just in time for the kids to go to bed! They were so tired that they slept right through all of the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Happy 4th!
at 7:52 PM
Monday, April 22, 2013
I like to look back at photos on my phone. They are a pretty good indication of what we are doing day to day. The pictures are probably 90% kids, 5% food, 4% random, and 1% Georgia and Gabby.
|Seasonal cleaning out the closets day. It is SO bitter sweet to donate the kids' clothes. I look at them and can't believe that BOTH girls have already worn them. I'm holding on to some (way too many) special ones|
|This is so sweet to me: the overalls...the pony tail. My little Tennessee girl!|
|The girls and I planted almost 100 tulip bulbs down the driveway in October. They have bloomed into HUGE, beautiful flowers!|
|The dancing after dinner tradition continues...Kate LOVES to dance!|
|Rainy days call for movie time in the playroom.|
|Getting ready for soccer...pink anyone?|
at 7:44 AM
Monday, April 15, 2013
We had a fun little party for Kate in our backyard this year. I like having a low-key party with the kids running around the yard wearing themselves out and the adults having some time to catch up. I had a great time and I know the girls did too! We did a rainbow theme-and I'm sticking with this for future parties because it was so easy and I can reuse my little decorations. I made a rainbow cake and it was so good! I also really felt like the rainbow theme fit Kate's sprite personality. Happy birthday, little one!
|rainbow cake in progress|
|rainbow buckets for the pinata treats|
|why do they make pinatas SO hard to break!?|
|the bounce house|
|party hats at the kid table|
|Harper and I made flowers out of napkins|
|Kate's birthday banner from last year|
|Elsa and Gavin (Kate is totally 100% in love with Gavin-no joke)|
|Harper checking out the food tables. I sewed these streamers too.|
|Sunny and Harper-H looks worn out!|
|Brian and his dad|
|Brian and Margot|
|Alec and Daisy|
|Duncan and Josh|
|Emmaline, Maddy, and Ryder! Our beach buddies and sweet friends!|
|The rainbow cake went fast!|
|The big girls kickin' it!|
|the birthday girl!|
at 8:31 PM
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Kathryn Ann, you are 2! We have had quite a year with you! You had your first beach trip, rode on an airplane a couple of times (not very well, I might add), had a health scare for 5 months that nearly wore us all out (thank goodness you are ok!), learned about a million words, started "school" a few days a week, and moved to a toddler bed. You are a wonderful little girl and all of those things that I saw in you at your first birthday have blossomed! You are funny, emotional, determined, and sweet.
Kate, at 2 you
- weigh 22.5 lbs. and are 33 inches tall. You are tiny for your age!
- wear 2t clothes
- still wear diapers but we just picked out underwear for you to potty train next weekend! You seem very ready and already go on the potty several times a day.
- are NOT a good eater. You are a very picky eater, mostly because of the stomach issues you had in the last year. You like macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, spaghetti, peanut butter and jelly, chicken, yogurt, fruit (no bananas, though), quesadillas, cheese!!!, and snacks. You hate your vegetables (a huge change from last year).
|I made you chocolate chip pancakes for your birthday breakfast!|
- sleep from 7:30 to 7 and usually wake up once in the night and then go right back to sleep. You take one nap a day too. You do not like to wake up from naps and are usually grumpy when you do.
- say a ton of words. I couldn't list them all but some good ones are, "ohhh, I'm so sorry," "mommy put my night-night," "excuse me, I have gas," and "no Harper, that's mine."
- love your mother! You always want me to put you to bed and I love that snuggle time with you! I think we have to much fun at bedtime.
|Harper picked out and gave you this mermaid. YOU LOVE IT!|
- love reading books. You always bring me books during the day or sometimes you just sit and read out loud to yourself. We read all kinds of books, but your favorites are Winnie the Pooh, anything by Eric Carle, and picture books.
- love animals and have no fear of them whatsoever.
- fear the Easter Bunny and Santa.
- are a fast runner!
- smart. Kate, you say things sometimes and I'm baffled. How did you know that!? You like to count EV-ER-Y-THING and you work puzzles in no time. You sit and concentrate on things. We will go to sports class on Tuesdays and you spend half of the time studying everyone and how things work.
- love to snuggle.
- enjoy cleaning up and are very methodical.
- are SO FUNNY! What I love is that you are funny and you know it. You crack yourself up and I love that you are so happy.
|I asked you what you wanted for your birthday and you said, "a cow cupcake"|
Katy bug, we love you so much. I am so sad that you're already 2! I am enjoying talking to you and watching your spunky personality grow. Happy 2nd Birthday!
at 3:35 PM