Harper Rose Wallace, you are 3 years old! You are a little girl and growing up so fast! You are smart, fun, outgoing, stubborn, and spirited. You have more energy than any kid I've ever met and you keep us all on our toes!
At 3 years old you
- Weigh 28 pounds
- Wear 3T clothes
- Are potty-trained for the day time (mostly)
- Sleep in a toddler day bed
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Dress yourself-what a battle it is picking out weather-appropriate clothes with you! You want to wear what you want to wear, leading me to...
- Undress yourself about 15 times a day. You want to wear a dress or nothing at all (really-nothing)
- Go to Soccer Tots once a week and "love exercising"
- Go to preschool twice a week in the mornings and do very well there. Your teachers describe you as "busy"
- Go to bed around 8 and wake up around 6:15. You refuse to take a nap, but we sneak one in on the really busy days. Again...so much energy!
- Read books and like to be rocked to sleep at night...usually by mommy
- Love dressing up and playing "princess and beast"
- Know when I skip a part in the book to move things along
- Love your sweets
- Call us mom and dad; lately you've been corrected for saying "fine, mom" when I ask you to do something!
- Eat vegetables but aren't into much grown-up food. You like mac and cheese, pizza, spaghetti, broccoli, peas, cheese, green beans, sweet potatoes, chicken nuggets, peanut butter and jelly, fruit, cinnamon cereal or oatmeal, crackers, snack foods, and little else. We are slowly getting you to try new things. Slowly...
- Are the sweetest girl. You are sympathetic to those who are sad, joyful with those who are happy. and are wonderful at sharing with those who look empty.
- Are the most stubborn girl. You have hit the "terribles." I don't know when it will end, but we are really butting heads lately. That's okay. We still have our fun times too.
- Play with your sister and your dog! It makes me so happy to see you share with Kate and try to make her laugh.
- Dance and sing all day long! You are a ham! You also love to paint, and I think you have a creative side for sure.
- Count to 20, know your ABC's, count in spanish, know all of your colors and shapes, and have a general love of learning. In every class, you're at the front so eager to learn. Daddy will do French flash cards with you and you repeat them with an eager effort.
- are so athletic. Next to your love of learning, I think this is your strongest attribute. Ha! You are on the move and are fast, agile, and strong. You always say that you like to exercise.
- say funny things like, "noke" for milk, and "okey-nokey" for oatmeal. Those were two of your first words and you just won't change them for anything.
We love you more than anything, Harper. You are turning into one tenacious, spunky, smart, loving, and beautiful little girl.