Kate, you are one spunky nine-month old! I always thought you'd be quirky and you certainly are. You are a smiler, a cruiser, and tenacious little firecracker. You're always full of energy!
At nine months you
- weigh about 18 pounds (we'll find out stats next week)
- wear size 3 diapers and 9 or 12 month clothes
- sleep on the lowest setting of your crib
- sleep from about 7 to 7 and nap twice a day at consistent times...your mommy is a nerdy rule follower and has you on a predictable schedule
- do NOT want a bottle or soothing from your dad-you're very picky about the bottle thing and it makes him kind of sad but...
- CRAWL as fast as your little body can TO YOUR DADDY the minute he walks in the door. Your sister is fast, but you're fast and furious-ha! your little hands go "slap-slap-slap-slap" as you race across the floor to him. It is the highlight of my day!
- light up when your sister plays with you or tries to make you smile. You love her more than anyone, I think and you're always watching her. Harper sings to you, tickles you, and brings you a pacifier so you are both really getting along as buddies...please last, please last, please last...
- are still doing bottles and baby food, and still hate green vegetables. Maybe we'll try some steamed peas tomorrow?
- STAND and CRUISE! You are on the move, girl and don't sit still for anything. You're just like Harper in that regard. You'll be walking in no time!
- are so easy to take places. You are always just taking it all in. People in stores get a kick out of you. You typically have this matter-of-fact look on your face and I think it cracks people up.
- are so petite! I can't believe the personality that comes out of that little body.
- are curious and mischievous. You get in to everything. One of your favorite spots is the dishwasher. Here I opened the dishwasher and I immediately heard it from afar: "slap-slap-slap" of your little hands on the floor racing you to the dishwasher! You also like to look at your reflection in the glass door of the wine cooler.
- love bath time
- enjoy "reading" books and turning the page
- go by the nicknames "Katybug" (all of us call you that) or "mia" (mom) or "bo-bo head" You're probably a little confused
We love you Kate!