Kate turned 4 months old today. Time is flying by, but I honestly can't imagine life without her. She is such a sweet and happy little girl.
Kate, at 4 months you:
- Weigh about 13 lbs. (we'll get an exact weight next week at your checkup)
- Wear a size 2 diaper and 6 months clothes or 9 mos. pajamas
- Eat at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 11, and usually again at 5:30 (sometimes you want a little snack at 2 am). You don't sleep through the night anymore but I honestly don't mind. When you take a bottle, you take about 4 oz.
- Sleep! You sleep from 7 pm until 7 am and nap 2 to 3 times a day. You sleep in your own bed for naps and nighttime and you talk yourself to sleep. I tried the soothing thing with you but it was overwhelming trying to put two girls to bed each night (often by myself). So we tried "cry it out" for a couple of nights and it worked for you! You're a champion, Kate! I put you down at 7 while you're awake and you talk for a little while and then go to sleep. It makes bed time stress-free for everyone!
- Are very ticklish and smile and laugh when we tickle you.
- Watch your sister and me all day long. You love to observe. As long as you can see us, you're pretty happy
- Enjoy bath time very much. Harper sometimes helps wash your feet and legs and you just stare at her.
- Rolled over last week. You've rolled over a few times!
- Started grabbing your feet today
- drool like crazy. Your sister was a big drooler, so it is no surprise that you are too. Bring on the bibs!
- Suck your fingers.
- babble the most at night after your 7 o'clock feeding.
- love your baby k'tan sling. I took you and Harper to the aquarium on Monday and you were in it so quietly for 2 hours. You can't wait to face "out"; you're always turning your head to look around.
- still love your mommy over daddy and I'm positive it is because you're still nursing
Harper at 4 months
Kate and Harper are finally getting a little closer. I think Harper can finally connect with her because she gets a reaction. Harper tickles her, give her her pacifier, sings to her, reads to her, and (if I beg or bribe) gives her hugs and kisses. I love my girls! Happy 4 months, Kate!