Oh my, Miss Harper! You are two and a half years old. I'm trying not to think about it too much or I'll cry. You're growing up so fast and before I know it you'll be 3! I told Brian the other night that I feel like fall is just starting to come into the air (after which we had a debate about when fall starts) and that I'm usually excited about it. I'm not excited about it this year because it makes me think that you and Kate are just getting older. Can you imagine me in 3 years when you start kindergarten? I am trying to take time and reflection to experience and enjoy everything about you because I know it will go by fast.
So, at 2 1/2 you
- wear 3T clothes, size 4 diapers, and weigh around 27 pounds
- have the cutest blond wavy and curly hair and pretty pouty lips
- aren't potty-trained yet and defiantly refused to do so a few weeks ago; we'll try again soon
- are a great eater; you eat well, but of course mostly a few toddler-approved options like chicken patties and macaroni and cheese. You eat vegetables like broccoli, sweet potatoes, and peas. You eat 3 square meals and two snacks a day.
- still looooove Buzz, Woody, and Jesse from toy story. Just today you noticed that Jesse wasn't with her trio and you told me you needed to get her from the playroom.
- (speaking of telling) talk up a storm and have a great vocabulary. You remember words you've only heard once or twice and it surprises me; some of those surprise words are "coyote," "bandaid," and "triceratops"
- love to read books; you have about 200 of them and your current favorites are Finding Nemo, Pinocchio, Lady and the Tramp, and Dumbo (Disney, anyone?)
|Reading Dumbo to Kate|
- will start preschool next week and I'm so excited for you to learn and play
- are usually so good but have a rough time when we close your door for bed time. You always cry for about 5 minutes-usually for "mooooooommmmmyyyyy"
- went to the dentist and have all of your 20 baby teeth
- love Gymboree, though we'll be switching out of it soon due to your age and development. You are kind of a leader and are very athletic
|your Gymboree teacher, Miss Marissa, has been your teacher for 2 years|
- can do a forward roll (though no one has ever shown you how)
- love Georgia and actively play fetch and tug-a-war with her. You give her hugs and tickle her too. She loves you too! She always wants to help put you to bed.
- have some favorite shows like Yo Gabba Gabba, Fresh Beat Band, Dora, and Go Diego Go.
- have some favorite songs from The Ting Tings, The Fresh Beat Band, Keller Williams, and Yo Gabba Gabba; you also sing those songs all of the time, along with This Little Light of Mine, Jesus Loves Me, Mockingbird, and ABC's
- love the pool and even put your face under sometimes
- are a dancing machine! You absolutely love to dance, I think more than anything.
- do art about once a day; you love to paint, color, and most of all glue
- have more energy than any two year old I've ever seen
- are so sweet and friendly. You remember everyone and are so loving and usually sharing. You take joy in giving to others.
making a birthday card for daddy