At 22 weeks, our baby is 11 inches long-that is BIG to me! She has tiny tooth buds forming under her gums and her eyes have formed. There's no pigment in her irises yet, so we don't yet have a blue, green, or brown-eyed baby. My guess is she'll look just like Brian-much like her sister Harper has since she was born.
- Size: 11 inches (the size of a spaghetti squash) and 1 pound
- Cravings: just food food food
- Aversions: seafood
- How I'm feeling: much better than last week. It turns out that I had some kind of UTI or kidney infection that likely caused a kidney stone. Remember when I said, "my back is killing me?" Well, I had this hunch and asked the doctor to test me for a kidney stone. My hunch was right. I had this with Harper, so I just hope this is the LAST one. I'm going to discuss it more with my doctor at the end of the month. I'm just grateful for antibiotics.
- Sleep: she's kicking all night and I haven't quite gotten used to it yet
- My favorite part of this week: this might sound cheesy, but I don't care. I've been thinking a lot about Mary and how she carried and raised Christ. That seriously got me through morning sickness and also reminds me of how blessed I am to be a mother. Even when my feet are swelling, I'm sick all of the time, my back (aka kidney) hurts, and I could sleep 'til next year, I am so fortunate to have this in my life.
- Planning fun: we've had all kinds of suggestions on names, to include... "Bella Donna"-from my mom, "Rae," "Vivian," and "Brentley"-from my mother in law, and "Michelle"-from my dad (his name is Michael). We are leaning towards "Kate," which was our other choice when we had Harper. I just really like that name and it sounds nice with our last name. We aren't certain yet, but that's been our top pick so far.